Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Only prostitutes get paid upfront


With this being the initial post on my blog I'll tell you a little about me... I work in the customer retention department for a company but I'm not going to say which company. I don't want any death threats and I can't hook anyone up with free shit, so don't ask.

One day in May I had a customer near the end of my shift who stated that she never got a copy of her contract from when she called in October. She paid in full for the product and wanted a full refund because she didn't know how it works and she felt that she was being charged for something she doesn't have. I was nothing but empathetic and kind to this old, bitter hag throughout the conversation. I never even raised my voice! I explained to her that unfortunately she would only receive a prorated refund less an administrative fee for canceling early. She was livid! She said that I personally was trying to keep her from getting her money and penalizing her for canceling the contract. She said that only prostitutes get paid upfront and that she wasn't going to pay my fucking salary. So at this point I was done trying to retain her business or show her the value of the product. I began going over the cancellation policy and she started going in on me cursing again. She told me that she didn't want to hear the cancellation policy and for me to just cancel her contract and then hung up on me. I noted everything in the system and then told my coworker what happened on the call. He gave me some positive words of encouragement and I kinda halfway stated that he was right and I'd try to just shake it off. Thankfully, this was near the end of my shift. Well, he gets his last call of the day and lo and behold it's Mrs. Thousand-year-old-bitter-bitch calling back! She tells him that I was the rudest person that she ever spoke with, I wasn't helpful and that she never wanted her contract to be canceled. So at this point I'm laughing because she's clearly senile or bored. This woman is the oldest most bitter bitch in the world and she will probably outlive everyone on earth because she's just that evil and stubborn. I really want her to eat an entire bowl of hot, flaming, oozing, disease infected dicks for all of eternity...but knowing my luck she'd find a way to have me locked in Hell's Diner as her waiter. FML

5 comments:

  1. Lol!! Too funny, and I don't know why you're lying to these people...you give me the hook up at your job all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up! I'm gonna hook you up with the Goodyear back rub if u don't quit fucking with me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats the good year back rub my little michelin man?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me running u over and u ending up with that run down feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friggin hilarious! You know some people just have nothing better to do with their effin time than to get on the phone and try to fuck up someone else's day. If she did find a way to make you her waiter I would be in the kitchen pissing on her meal. I gotcha

    ReplyDelete