Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Continued fuckery by the employment gods

I may do a couple of updates simply because so much has happened in the past 24 hours... I'll start with what happened at work yesterday. We had a department team meeting so our call queue was closed for 2 hours. It was something like a working lunch, which I blame Kendal for since we had a conversation about working lunches. Side note: If you're not following his blog, do so immediately. It's hilarious! Back to the mess: We were provided with lunch by a local BBQ restaurant and we had 2 hours off the phones. No brainer, right? That was the main reason for my going to work yesterday - and that I'm basically out of sick time. Don't judge me, hoes. Anyway, the meeting kinda cheated us out of having a real lunch, if you ask me. Working lunch = you eat while listening to motherfuckers talk about work and you can't play with your phone or iPod. The presentation was engaging and interesting. We were told of all the incentives we would get over the rest of the year for increasing our conversion rate and yadda, yadda, yadda. There are some really cool prizes. I'm praying for the iPad, hotel stay and the free vacation. But mainly the iPad because I kinda need a new laptop and no, I don't know where the vacation destination is yet. The food was pretty good. There was beef brisket, shredded chicken and buns to make sandwiches. We also had mac and cheese, BBQ baked beans, coleslaw, lemon pie, brownies, tea and some other shit I can't remember because I didn't eat it. The meeting went well and I won a $50 American Express gift card in a drawing at the end. We all head back to the phones and it all starts hitting us. We had the food about halfway through the meeting and now there are people running to the bathroom. I overhear a couple of the ladies complaining about their intestinal difficulties in the stalls and begin to wonder if the food was the reason I was so nauseous. I've been nauseous a lot lately but I think it's been due to my allergies. Anyway, I was so close to barfing all day that it was ridiculous. Every time I sat down, I wanted to throw up. Not a good feeling. Another team member comes in and tells us he threw up after we got back from the meeting. Now we know that we have a touch of food poisoning. Just a touch is all that it takes. I'm still feeling it right now. I think that chicken probably shouldn't have been out as long as it was. The one day at work that I was actually looking forward to leaves me feeling like a porpoise is doing flips in my stomach. Fuck my life - with a flaming telephone pole. The employment gods continue to piss on my life and are pleased with my misery.

3 comments:

  1. you really do have a way with words. i absolutely look forward to reading this blog. it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww i feel bad for you, but I did lol @ the ending sentence lol.

    ReplyDelete